TERMS OF SERVICE
These Terms of Service (the “Terms”) are a legal agreement between you and Swede and the Swan LLC dba Saltwolf (“Saltwolf”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) governing your access to and use of Saltwolf’s websites (the “Sites”) and the services which Saltwolf provides to you when you access the Site, purchase products on the Site (each, a “Product”), or otherwise use the Saltwolf services provided to you in connection with the Sites (collectively, the “Services”).
You represent and certify that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving Services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdictions. You acknowledge that the Products are for resale only. You represent and warrant that you are a licensed reseller. Upon our request, you will provide us with copies of your resale certificates. You will not purchase the Products for any purpose other than resale. To register as a user of the Services you must be 18 years or over. In the event that you are agreeing to this Terms on behalf of a third party entity, you represent and warrant that you have sufficient right to bind such third party to these Terms, in which case, all references to “you” in these Terms shall be references to such third party. You agree to indemnify and hold Saltwolf harmless for any violation of this provision.
BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS AND REGISTERING FOR THE SITE, OR BY OTHERWISE ACCESSING THE SITE OR USING ANY OF THE SERVICES YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS.
In the case of inconsistencies between these Terms and information included in any other materials related to the Sites or the Services (e.g., promotional materials and mailers), these Terms will always govern and take precedence.
- Saltwolf uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the online features of the Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, there will be occasions when the Services will be interrupted for maintenance, upgrades and emergency repairs or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of Saltwolf. Saltwolf will use reasonable commercial efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within the reasonable control of Saltwolf. You agree that Saltwolf shall not be liable to you for any unavailability, modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. You are responsible for obtaining access to any Services and that access may involve third party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Services.
- You may access certain online features of the Services through your account on the Sites (your “Account”). You may log into your Account using a unique username and password. You are responsible for safeguarding your password and you agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You are solely responsible for any activities or actions taken under your username, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You agree that the information that you provide to Saltwolf about yourself upon registration of your Account, and at all other times, (“Customer Data”) will be true, accurate, current and complete, and you further agree that you will maintain and promptly update the Customer Data to ensure that it remains true, accurate, current and complete. You will provide us with copies of resale certificates when creating an account. You may not impersonate any other person or use a username or password that you are not authorized to use. Saltwolf reserves the right to require you to change your password for any reason at any time. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your Account, you agree to notify Saltwolf immediately at [email protected]
- Site License. Subject to these Terms, Saltwolf grants you a personal, limited, revocable, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to access and use the Sites and Services. This license is exclusive to you and you may not sublicense the use of the Sites. Saltwolf expressly retains all ownership rights, title and interest in and to all aspects of any software, Services and the Sites, including, but not limited to, all current and future patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, know-how, and other proprietary rights included or embodied in the Sites. You may not modify the Sites, create derivative works of the Sites, or reverse engineer, reverse compile, reverse assemble or do any other operation with the Sites that would reveal any source code, trade secrets, know-how or other proprietary information. This license shall not be construed or interpreted as granting or providing rights to you to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, perform, display, possess or control the source code or any other aspect of the Sites. You may not remove or modify any notice of confidentiality, trade secret, trademark or copyright encoded or embodied in the Sites or displayed by, on, or in the Sites. You may use the Sites only while these Terms remain in effect. Under no circumstances shall you have any rights of any kind in or to the Sites after any termination or expiration of your agreement to these Terms for any reason.
- Order Acceptance and Cancellation. You agree that your order is an offer to buy, under these Terms, all Products and other Services listed in your order. All orders must be accepted by us or we will not be obligated to sell the Products or any other Services to you. We may choose not to accept orders at our sole discretion, event after we send you a confirmation email with your order number and details of the items you have ordered. Because Products are custom made, once you have placed an order for Products, it is not cancellable. If you have placed an order in error, please immediately contact Saltwolf at [email protected], and we will attempt to resolve the issue, including, stopping your order if it has not yet gone into production. However, Products that have entered production are non-refundable.
- Shipments; Delivery; Risk of Loss. We will arrange for shipment of the Products to you. We may offer white glove delivery service on some Products. Please check the individual Product page for specific delivery options. You acknowledge that such white glove delivery services are not provided by Saltwolf and are instead provided by an independent third-party. Accordingly, Saltwolf will not be liable to you for any costs or damages arising out of or related to such third party services. You will pay all shipping and handling charges specified in the order confirmation. Title and risk of loss pass to you upon our transfer of the Products to the carrier. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. We are not liable for any delays in shipments.
- No Returns and No Refunds. Products sold via the Sites are custom. Accordingly, except as otherwise provided in Section 9 of these Terms, the Products are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- Product Descriptions. We strive to be as accurate as possible in our product descriptions. However, some product descriptions may differ from the actual product. Saltwolf does not warrant that product descriptions or other content is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a purchased Product is not as described, your remedy is to return the item in an unused condition.
- Suspension and Termination. Saltwolf reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to and use of the Sites and Services, at any time, without notice, for any reason, including but not limited to (a) your breach of these Terms, or any other policies or guidelines set forth by Saltwolf, or (b) conduct that Saltwolf believes is harmful to other users of the Sites or Services, or the business of Saltwolf or other third party information providers. Further, you agree that Saltwolf shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Sites or Services. Saltwolf reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Saltwolf shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.
- Limited Product Warranty. The sole and exclusive limited warranties for the Products are governed by a separate document that we make available at [insert warranty page URL] (the “Warranty Document”). The Warranty Document is hereby made part of and incorporated into these Terms. Saltwolf may update the Warranty Document from time to time in its sole discretion. Saltwolf shall, at its option and as its sole obligation and your sole and exclusive remedy for breach of the applicable limited warranty set forth in the Warranty Document, either replace the non-conforming Product or refund the fees you paid for the non-conforming Product; provided that: (a) you notify us in writing of the breach during the applicable limited warranty period, specifying the breach in reasonable detail, (b) you give us a reasonable opportunity after receiving the notice of breach of the limited warranty to examine such non-conforming Product, and (c) we reasonably verify that such Product does not conform to the applicable limited warranty provided in the Warranty Document. If we elect to replace a non-conforming Product, the replacement Product will carry the balance of the original limited warranty period. Title and risk of loss of any replacement Product passes to you upon our transfer of the replacement Product to the carrier. In no event will we be liable or responsible for any costs or other expenses, including but not limited to, shipping costs, incurred in connection with the replacement or removal of the non-conforming Product.
- Disclaimer of Warranty. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTIES PROVIDED IN SECTION 9 OF THESE TERMS, THE SERVICES AND THE PRODUCTS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. SALTWOLF EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITES OR SERVICES (INCLUDING THE WHITE GLOVE SERVICES OFFERED ON THE SITES), INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SALTWOLF MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITES OR THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, THAT THE SITES OR OUR SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, THAT THE SITES, INCLUDING THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE, OR THAT DATA ARE SECURE FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS. SALTWOLF MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, PROMOTIONS, WHITE GLOVE SERVICES, OR THE DELIVERY OF ANY GOODS OR SERVICES, PURCHASED, ACCESSED, OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITES OR ADVERTISED THROUGH THE SITES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY SALTWOLF, ITS EMPLOYEES OR AFFILIATES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY.
- User Content and Submissions
- Copyright in Your Content. In connection with your access to, or use of, the Sites or the Services, you may have the opportunity to upload to the Site certain information, data, text, software, photographs, graphics, messages, or other materials (“Content”). Saltwolf does not claim ownership rights in any such Content that you make available. By submitting your Content and accepting the consideration set forth in these Terms, you unconditionally grant to Saltwolf a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, fully-paid, transferable right and license, with the right to sublicense through multiple levels of sublicensees, under all of your intellectual property rights in the Content, to (a) reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally transmit, and otherwise use the Content in any medium or format, whether now known or hereafter discovered and (b) exercise any and all other present or future rights in the Content. As between you and Saltwolf, you remain the owner of all Content that you make available in connection with the Services. You represent and warrant to Saltwolf that you are the owner of the copyright to the Content or that you have written permission from the copyright owner to use such Content. In addition, you warrant that all moral rights in any Content have been waived. You agree to indemnify and hold Saltwolf harmless for any violation of this provision.
- Review of Content and Materials. While Saltwolf does not and cannot review all material on the Sites, and is not responsible for its content, Saltwolf reserves the right to remove, delete, move, or edit Content that it, in its sole discretion, deems abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of the law, including but not limited to copyright or trademark law, or otherwise unacceptable. Saltwolf will not be liable for the Content of any submission. You acknowledge, consent and agree that Saltwolf may access, preserve, and disclose your account information if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce these Terms; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Saltwolf, its users and the public.
- Rules of Conduct.
- Distribution of Content. You agree that you will not distribute any Content that: (a) is defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, or an invasion of a right of privacy of another person; is bigoted, hateful, or racially or otherwise offensive; is violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit; or otherwise harms or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or entity; (b) is illegal or encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them, including a submission that is, or represents an attempt to engage in, child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, drug dealing and/or drug abuse, harassment, theft, or conspiracy to commit any criminal activity; (c) infringes or violates any right of a third party including any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights, right of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person’s personal information of any kind without their express permission) or publicity, or any confidentiality obligation; (d) is commercial, business-related or advertises or offers to sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicits others (including solicitations for contributions or donations); (e) contains a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise tampers with, impairs or damages the Sites or any connected network, or otherwise interferes with any person or entity’s use or enjoyment of the Sites; (f) does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of the Sites; (g) violates any specific restrictions applicable to a public forum, including its age restrictions and procedures; or (h) is antisocial, disruptive, or destructive, including “flaming,” “spamming,” “flooding,” “trolling,” and “griefing” as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet.
- We cannot and do not assure that other users are or will be complying with the foregoing Rules of Conduct or any other provisions of these Terms, and, as between you and us, you hereby assume all risk of harm or injury resulting from any such lack of compliance.
- Proprietary and Privacy Protection for Other Users’ Content on the Sites.Saltwolf hereby notifies you that all the information, content, image files, software and materials on the Sites may be protected by U.S. and international copyright and other intellectual property laws and by other applicable laws, including privacy laws. Saltwolf is unable to provide you with permission to copy display or distribute material for which you do not own the copyright or other intellectual property rights. You may not copy or distribute such material without the written consent of the owner, and you are solely responsible for any copyright or other intellectual property law violations that you may incur as a result of your activities on the Sites. Saltwolf has the absolute right to terminate your account or exclude you from any Site if you use our Services to violate the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. You agree to indemnify and hold Saltwolf harmless for any violation of this provision.
- Copyright Infringement.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement. Saltwolf has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances as determined by us in our sole discretion, of users who are infringers of copyright. Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to the service provider’s designated agent.
Notification must be submitted to the following:
Service Provider: Saltwolf
Name: Legal Department
Full Address: 2304 Pine Street, Unit A, Boulder, CO 80302
Email: [email protected]
- Notice of Infringement. To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Takedown Notices. We may give you notice that we have removed or disabled access to certain material by means of a general notice on the Sites, electronic mail to your e-mail address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to your physical address in our records. If you receive such a notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Saltwolf may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.]
- Indemnity; Limitation of Liability.
- You agree to indemnify, and hold Saltwolf, its officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with (a) your access to or use of the Sites or Services; (b) your violation of these Terms; (c) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right or any publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right; (d) your purchase of the Products (e) your resale of the Products, or (f) any claim that your purchase of the Products or use of the Sites or Services caused damage to a third party.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCTS AND ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITES OR SERVICES AND ANY RELIANCE UPON EITHER IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THAT YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ALL NECESSARY SERVICING OR REPAIRS OF ANY EQUIPMENT YOU USE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITES OR SERVICES. YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SALTWOLF BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, IMAGES, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLES, EVEN IF SALTWOLF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, THAT RESULT FROM YOUR PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCTS, YOUR RESALE OF THE PRODUCTS, THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITES OR THE SERVICES, FROM ANY CHANGES TO THE SITES OR THE SERVICES OR FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT DOWN-TIME AND COMPUTER VIRUSES ARE RISKS INHERENT IN THE USE OF THE INTERNET AND SOFTWARE PRODUCTS, AND YOU AGREE TO ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY HARM OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM THESE POSSIBLE HARMS. YOU ALSO SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU MAY BE DISCLOSING SENSITIVE, PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF IN YOUR USE OF THE SITES AND THE SERVICES AND YOU AGREE TO ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY HARM OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM YOUR RELEASE OF SUCH CONTENT.
- IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE PRODUCTS, THE SITES, OR THE SERVICES OR WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, OR FEEL SALTWOLF HAS BREACHED THESE TERMS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY DISCONTINUE USING THE SITES AND THE SERVICES. THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF SALTWOLF TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS, YOUR PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCTS, OR USE OF THE SITES OR THE SERVICES SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE SERVICES, IF ANY. IT IS THE INTENTION OF YOU AND SALTWOLF THAT THIS PROVISION BE CONSTRUED BY A COURT AS BEING THE BROADEST LIMITATION OF LIABILITY CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE LAW.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER TYPES OF DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Saltwolf may modify these Terms at any time. Modifications become effective immediately upon your first access to or use of the Sites or Services after the “Last Revised” date at the top of these Terms. Your continued access to or use of the Sites or Services after the modifications have become effective will be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified Terms. If you do not agree with the modifications, do not access or use the Sites or Services.
- Applicable Law and Dispute Resolution. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles that may require the application of the law of another jurisdiction. If you believe that Saltwolf has not adhered to these Terms, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected] We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your complaint has been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation. If you and Saltwolf are unable to reach a resolution to the dispute, you and Saltwolf will settle the dispute exclusively under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (www.adr.org) at its Denver, Colorado office. Any election to arbitrate by one party will be final and binding on the other. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IF EITHER PARTY ELECTS TO ARBITRATE, NEITHER PARTY WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL. You and Saltwolf agree that any arbitration will be limited to the dispute between Saltwolf and you individually. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU AND SALTWOLF ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Saltwolf otherwise agree in writing, an arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of any class or representative proceeding. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the use of the Sites or the Services or these Terms must be brought, if at all, within one year from the accrual of the claim or cause of action or be forever barred.
- No Resale of Services. Except for resale of any Products to your customers, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services.
- Independent Contractors. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Saltwolf as a result of these Terms or use of the Sites or the Services.
- Enforcement. If any legal action is brought to enforce these Terms, the prevailing party will be entitled to reimbursement of its attorneys’ fees, court costs, and other collection expenses, in addition to any other relief it may receive from the other party.
- Force Majeure. Saltwolf will not be liable by reason of any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder on account of strikes, shortages, riots, insurrection, fires, flood, storm, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental action, labor conditions, earthquakes, material shortages or any other cause which is beyond Saltwolf’s reasonable control.
- Waiver. The failure of Saltwolf to enforce any right or provision in these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Saltwolf in writing.
- Construction. The headings of Sections of these Terms are for convenience and are not to be used in interpretation.
- Saltwolf is located in Boulder, Colorado, USA. Any questions, comments or suggestions, including any report of violation of these Terms should be provided to the Administrator as follows:
By E-mail: [email protected]
By Fax: +1 720-744-3500
By Postal Mail: 2304 Pine Street, Unit A, Boulder, CO 80302
- Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Saltwolf and govern your use of the Sites and the Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and Saltwolf. The failure of Saltwolf to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, you and Saltwolf nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.